The Election Committee received a letter from the Executive Committee, delegates and also some candidates on November 30, 2015. The letter dated November 30, 2015 specifically requests that the time to submit candidacy for upcoming election be extended. Under the circumstances, we, the election committee, held a meeting on November 30, 2015. Upon a full discussion and careful consideration of the request, under the vested authority by Chapter VIII, §66 of Constitution of FIPNA, we, election committee, hereby make the following decision(s):
New Time Table:
1. All candidacies must be submitted by December 2, 2015 by the closing business day.
2. List of candidacy will be published on December 3, 2015.
3. Claim, Objection and Reconsideration over the candidacy[ies] shall be made from December 4, 2015 to December 8, 2015.
4. General Convention and election shall be held on December 13, 2015, Sunday. Stipulation or Agreement on candidacy[ies] shall be concluded by 12 noon, December 13, 2015. After 12 noon, a final list of candidates will be made and an election will be held among the candidates. Oath of office shall be administered thereafter on the same day.
5. Endorsement Letter: Each candidate is required to present an endorsement letter from his/her mother organization with a proposer and supporter. The endorsement letter must specify the position the candidate will be running for. In case, the same candidate changes his mind and files his candidacy for another position different from his original position, he is not required to submit a new endorsement letter for the new position.
6. Reconsideration (Punarbichar) : It means that the candidate[s] can think and/or rethink, switch or change about the position he/she wishes to run for. This process must be concluded by December 8, 2015.
7. Fees for Candidacy: If a candidate has paid the election candidacy fee which is higher than his final position, the balance of the amount shall be returned to him/her. If a candidate has paid lesser amount than he was required to pay for the position that he/she is finally going run for, the candidate shall pay the balance amount.
Election Commission of FIPNA
Ramesh K. Shrestha – Chief Election Commissioner
Pradeep Thapa Magar -Member
Manu Lohorang – Member
November 30, 2015